Afterhours Telehealth Nurse
- Greenwich, NSW, Australia, 2065
- Wahroonga, NSW, Australia, 2076
- Health & Palliative Care
- Maximum Term Part Time
- Closing on: Dec 7 2021
- Max term, part-time contract, 20 hours a week
- Located in the Northern Suburbs, NSW
- HammondCare is a NSW Health affiliated organisation with continuity of entitlements
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity that exists to improve quality of life for people in need.
We specialise in palliative care, rehabilitation, mental health services for older people, aged and dementia care, and other related health and aged care services. HammondCare seeks to embed evidence based best practice in its services and we provide these services through sub-acute hospitals, home care and residential aged care.
Bringing these health, hospital and aged care services together, HammondCare has been able to develop innovative, flexible care models designed to serve people with complex health or aged care needs, regardless of their circumstances.
About the role
HammondCare works to provide its staff with support, career development opportunities, education, responsibility and recognition, work/life balance, and satisfying roles.
The Community Palliative Care Service (CPCS) After Hours Telehealth Nurse is a key member of the HammondCare Health and Hospitals CPCS who works within the Mission, Motivation and Mission in Action of HammondCare to provide clinical advice to patients, caregivers and other clinicians, after-hours (evenings, weekends and on public holidays).
The essence of this role:
- Respond to calls through the CPCS 1800 and 1300 number from community palliative care patients, their caregivers and other clinicians within the LHD
- Calls may be via telephone alone or escalated to video link via Microsoft Teams
- Calls will involve the triaging of concerns, assessment of symptoms and circumstance and offering evidence-based advice
- There is the potential for the Telehealth nurse to work from home on evenings once appropriate set up is established with reliable internet
- The Telehealth nurse will have access to a senior medical specialist via phone for escalation of concerns, requests for admission, review of expected death at home procedure
- The Telehealth nurse will have access to the After-Hours Nurse Manager for escalation of concerns, requirement of admission to either PCUs
- The Telehealth nurse will have access to a procedure manual
- All calls will be recorded in a clear, timely manner in the patient’s electronic medical record and on a shared log
- Calls will be recorded to show a plan of action e.g. CPCS to follow up in morning, call to NSHNS to visit
Qualifications | Work Experience | Skills and Competencies
- Commitment to engage and align with HammondCare’s Christian Mission, Motivation and Mission in Action
- Current registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- A passion to work in the specialty area of community palliative care
- At least four years general experience including two years in palliative care and holds or is working towards post graduate qualifications in palliative care
- Demonstrated strong IT skills including use of Microsoft Outlook and Teams
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to liaise with multiple clinicians to provide best possible supportive care
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Experience in community nursing (desirable)
- Oncology nursing experience (desirable)
- Ability to undertake a comprehensive assessment via the telephone or video link
- Empathy and patience
As HammondCare is a NSW Health affiliated organisation, all NSW Health transferrable entitlements will be recognised by HammondCare, in accordance with the Public Health System.
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
All applications must address the individual selection criteria.
For any specific queries not answered by the information pack, please contact Trudy Langdon (Acting Nurse Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All short listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check, immunisation staff screening & vaccination compliance checks.
Closing Date: 7th December 2021
Thank you. Please wait for a moment as we direct you to the Apply Portal for you to complete this job application.
Sign up for job alerts