Aged Carer - Casual
- Personal Care Work
- Closing on: Dec 4 2021
- Cardiff & Waratah locations
- GREAT work/life balance - casual opportunity working across two sites
- Casual rates + Penalties
HammondCare in Newcastle are currently looking for Casual Carers to join our team.
Great opportunity for a dynamic casual Aged Carer to support residents across Cardiff and Waratah HammondCare residential sites. This role would be ideal for someone looking for a great work-life balance or lots of hours as a casual.
With our unique model of care which places the residents needs as your number one priority, you will help create a home away from home for our residents. This role requires you to provide tailored care including personal support within the residential home.
You will be responsible for:
- Personal care – showering, grooming, toileting etc
- Provide life engagement
- Recognise, report and respond appropriately to changes in the conditions of residents within your skills and competencies
- Supporting residents with Dementia, mobility, social support
All new staff will complete an onsite orientation with a Workplace Trainer, have buddy shifts and be supported by experienced Registered Nurses and Managers on site.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have a genuine passion for serving elderly people & want to make a difference in their lives
- Be flexible and able to commit to a range of shifts including days, afternoons, nights & weekends
- Value teamwork but also be able to work independently and show initiative
- Have knowledge & experience of people living with Dementia & their needs
- Cert lll or Cert lV in Aged Care, or be studying towards a healthcare related degree is highly desirable but not essential
What are the benefits of working with HammondCare?
- Recognition for your tenure and dedication with a 6 and 12 month bonus
- Flexible working environment to deliver a healthy work/life balance
- Be supported & empowered in your role to really make a difference to our residents
- A workplace trainer on each site committed to your ongoing training & development
- HammondCare College to provide you ongoing opportunities to grow
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity that has been serving families in Australia since 1932. We are an organisation that is led by our values, our passion is improving the quality of care for people in need.
As one of Australia’s most innovative health & aged care providers, we champion life for every person in our care.
Does this sound like you? Apply Now!
For more information please contact email@example.com
HammondCare is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity and inclusion. We strive on creating an equal employment environment where everyone from any background can be themselves.
All short-listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check, pre-employment medical assessment, must provide evidence of a 2021 vaccination for the influenza virus and Covid 19 and complete an NDIS Worker’s Screening check.
Our Talent Acquisition team & Hiring Managers kindly request no unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies. HammondCare isn’t responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Thank you. Please wait for a moment as we direct you to the Apply Portal for you to complete this job application.
Sign up for job alerts