Allied Health Assistant
- Greenwich, NSW, Australia, 2065
- Allied Health
- Permanent Part Time
- Closing on: Jun 30 2022
- Exciting opportunity to join our growing multidisciplinary care team providing community aged care and rehabilitation in the Centre for Positive Ageing
- Permanent, full-time and/or part-time opportunity available in Northern Sydney metropolitan area, based at Greenwich Hospital campus
- Well-established and internationally recognised healthcare provider
About the role
The role of the Allied Health Assistant is to work within the Mission and Mission in Action of HammondCare to ensure a high standard of service is provided to residents and/or clients, along with appropriate support and advice to their carers and HammondCare staff. The Allied Health Assistant will participate as a member of the multi-disciplinary team (MDT) to ensure a person-centred, evidence based, continuous quality improvement work environment that is consistent with the values and ethics of HammondCare.
The essence of this role:
- Participate as a member of the HammondCare team in the application of the organisation’s Mission and values to the pursuit of its objectives in a person centred, continuous quality improvement work environment
- Assist as directed in the provision of effective and efficient therapy service to residents and clients, and appropriate support and advice to their carers and HammondCare staff
About you (Selection Criteria)
- Commitment to engage and align with HammondCare’s Christian Mission, Motivation and Mission in Action
- Experience working in health or aged care setting
- A current driver’s license, safe driving record and access to own vehicle
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology
- Proficient computer skills for word processing and data entry
- Willingness to travel between HammondCare’s sites and services
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated organisation and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of an inter-disciplinary team
- Empathy and patience
- Certificate III or IV in Allied Health Assistance
- Customer relations experience
- Experience across residential and/or community settings
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment
- An understanding of Work Health and Safety policies and procedures and manual handling principles.
Why work for HammondCare?
- HammondCare works to provide its staff with support, career development opportunities, education, responsibility and recognition, work/life balance, and satisfying roles
- We are a well-established and internationally recognised healthcare provider
- Participate and work in a manner that considers the optimal health, safety and wellbeing of yourself and others
- Job Security and Work/Life Balance
- Generous remuneration for mileage
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
If you have any questions, please contact Kate Matthews, Service Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org, 9101 9555 or 0435 016 469.
Closing Date: Ongoing
All short-listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check and reference checks.
Our Talent Acquisition Team kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. HammondCare is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes
Thank you. Please wait for a moment as we direct you to the Apply Portal for you to complete this job application.
Sign up for job alerts