Assistant in Nursing
- Personal Care Work
- Independent Christian Charity - leading the way in caring for vulnerable people
- Casual opportunities across the week & weekend - flexibility is essential
- Competitive hourly rate + penalties & convenient location - walking distance from Kings Cross station
HammondCare Darlinghurst is currently looking for Casual Carers to join our team.
Our Darlinghurst home offers unparalleled residential care for older people who are experiencing homelessness, or at risk of homelessness with complex care needs.
With our unique model of care which places the residents needs as your number one priority, you will help create a home away from home for our residents. This role requires you to provide tailored care within the residential home.
Your role as a Carer will involve:
- Personal care – showering, grooming, toileting etc.
- Domestic assistance - cooking, cleaning and laundry
All new staff will attend an onsite orientation with a Workplace Trainer, have buddy shifts and be supported by experienced Registered Nurses and Managers on site.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have a genuine passion for caring for elderly people
- Experience in mental health, drug and alcohol, and/or working with high level behaviors would be highly desirable
- Experience of volunteering/working with the homeless community will be well regarded
- Cert III or Cert IV in Aged Care is desirable but not essential
- Value teamwork but also be able to work independently and show initiative
- You enjoy a degree of responsibility and lots of variety in your job
Please note, we require full working rights in Australia. Unfortunately, we can’t accept any applications with working restrictions e.g. working hours.
What are the benefits of working with HammondCare?
- Recognition for your tenure and dedication with a 6 & 12 month bonus
- Flexible working environment to deliver a healthy work/life balance
- Be supported & empowered in your role to really make a difference to our residents
- A Workplace Trainer on each site committed to your ongoing training & development
- HammondCare College to provide you ongoing opportunities to grow
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity that has been serving families in Australia since 1932. We are an organisation that is led by our values, our passion is improving the quality of care for people in need.
As one of Australia’s most innovative health & aged care providers, we champion life for every person in our care.
Does this sound like you? Apply Now!
For more information please contact email@example.com
HammondCare is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity and inclusion. We strive on creating an equal employment environment where everyone from any background can be themselves.
All short-listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check, pre-employment medical assessment, must provide evidence of a 2021 vaccination for the influenza virus & covid 19 vaccination certificate and completed an NDIS Worker’s Screening check
Our Talent Acquisition team & Hiring Managers kindly request no unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies. HammondCare isn’t responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Thank you. Please wait for a moment as we direct you to the Apply Portal for you to complete this job application.
Sign up for job alerts