Bereavement Male Counsellor
- Greenwich, NSW, Australia, 2065
- Health & Palliative Care
- Allied Health
- Maximum Term Part Time
- Closing on: May 24 2022
- Temporary part-time, 2 days a week
- Located at Greenwich Hospital, Greenwich NSW
- HammondCare is a NSW Health affiliated organisation with continuity of entitlements
HammondCare is a NSW Health Affiliated Health Organisation (AFO) that offers and recognises all NSW Health entitlements.
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity specialising in palliative care, rehabilitation, older persons' mental health, dementia and aged care. Our passion is improving quality of life for people in need. Through our network of sub-acute services HammondCare provides rehabilitation, palliative and supportive care, pain management, mental health care for older people, community care and other vital support services.
With compassion and expertise our multi-disciplinary team of healthcare professionals tailor best-in-class specialised care to patients’ individual needs, supported by the latest research and best practice. Regarded nationally and internationally as one of Australia’s most innovative health and aged care providers, HammondCare offers hospital care, residential care and community services.
HammondCare’s sub-acute health services are located within Sydney at the following locations:
- Braeside Hospital (South-West Sydney),
- Greenwich Hospital (Lower-North Shore),
- Neringah Hospital (Northern Suburbs), and
- Mona Vale Community Palliative Care services (Northern Beaches)
HammondCare has been able to develop innovative, flexible care models designed to serve people with complex health or aged care needs, regardless of their circumstances. HammondCare works to provide its staff with support, career development opportunities, education, responsibility and recognition, work/life balance, and satisfying roles.
About the role
The role of the Bereavement Male Counsellor is to work within the Mission and Mission in Action of HammondCare to ensure a high standard of bereavement counselling service is provided to clients referred to the HammondCare Bereavement Support Service in the Northern Sydney LHD.
Qualifications | Work Experience | Skills and Competencies
- Commitment to engage and align with HammondCare’s Christian Mission, Motivation and Mission in Action
- A recognised tertiary qualification in Psychology, Clinical Psychology and Accredited Mental Health Social Work Level 3
- Registration with relevant professional body (according to qualifications) (e.g. AASW and APHRA,)
- Provision of the specialist bereavement services (individual and groups) to bereaved men, spouses/partners and sons of PC deceased patients in Northern Sydney LHD
- Provision of specialist bereavement counselling (individual and group) to bereaved men (family / carers ) of Palliative Care deceased patients in Northern Sydney LHD
- Experience providing individual trauma informed assessment, counselling and psycho-education to bereaved family and carers
- A current driver’s licence and safe driving record
- Willingness to travel between HammondCare’s sites and services
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated organisation and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Empathy and patience
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment
- Clinical and training experience across community settings
- Strong administrative and computer skills
- An understanding of Work Health and Safety policies and procedures
HammondCare offers its staff competitive salaries, excellent training & development opportunities, a supportive environment and a fabulous benefits program. For more info check out our website: www.hammond.com.au/careers.
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
For an information pack, including the selection criteria, and details on how to apply, please click on link below or see our website: www.hammond.com.au/careers
For all enquiries please contact, Bereavement Coordinator (Braeside/Greenwich Hospitals), on 0448 057 230, or if you wish to apply, please send through your resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com before 25/04/2022
Closing Date: 24th May 2022
All short- listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to staff screening, a criminal record & vaccination checks.
Thank you. Please wait for a moment as we direct you to the Apply Portal for you to complete this job application.
Sign up for job alerts