Home Care Workers, Lower Hunter - East
- Personal Care Work
- Permanent Part Time
- Closing on: Jul 31 2022
- Lower Hunter East region, from Charlestown to Cams Wharf. Work close to home.
- Paid travel time and mileage and Not For Profit tax breaks & additional leave
- No experience needed, we provide all formal training for new Aged Care Workers
If you're looking for a career with a real purpose, talk to us. We invest in people like you because you matter to us and our clients
HammondCare At Home is continuing to expand our services and we are seeking several part-time Home Care Workers to provide support to our Clients across the Lower Hunter East region from Charlestown to Cams Wharf.
Our care workers receive a work mobile phone and Certificate III training, paid travel time and kilometres. We have flexible days of the week, start and finish times, and weekend loading if you choose to work weekends.
HammondCare specialises in Aged and Dementia Care, Palliative Care, Rehabilitation, Mental Health services for older people, and other related Health and Aged Care services. HammondCare seeks to embed evidence-based best practices in its services and we provide these services through Home Care, Sub-Acute Hospitals and Residential Aged Care.
What's involved in the role?
Community Aged Care Support Workers deliver a range of ‘At Home’ Aged Care services and mostly work independently in client homes, but with direct support from their Care Manager. Duties include:
- Assisting with personal care
- Medication assistance
- Meal preparation
- Light housework
- Shopping and transport to medical appointments
- Social support and community engagement
What do you need to apply?
- No formal qualification is necessary
- Transferrable skills in providing care and compassion to others
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- A reliable car with minimum third-party insurance
- Certificate III in Individual Support is desirable but not essential
HammondCare At Home has a relationship-based approach to care, and our team members take the time to fully understand the individual needs of every person we care for. Our team have regular clients and get to know the person and their family, so that our clients won’t feel like there is a stranger in their home.
Benefits - What’s in it for you?
- Maximise your take-home pay with NFP salary packaging
- Retention bonuses at 6 months and 12 months of service
- HammondCare offers its staff excellent training & career development opportunities
- Full training is provided with local offices, local managers and a 24/7 support line
- First Aid Training and Certification provided
- Paid Bonus Schemes I.e. Refer a Friend
- Supportive arrangements during the pandemic, including COVID-19 Special Leave if required to isolate, additional paid screening time each shift and full supply of all PPE
- Competitive remuneration and conditions, including penalty rates, paid travel time and kilometres, direct reimbursement of tolls/parking costs incurred at work, and a broken shift allowance
Care Worker salary case study
Here are some examples of what might be possible with HammondCare;
- A care worker working a 20 hour week has the potential to earn up to $1150 in take-home pay per fortnight.
- A care worker working a 30 hour week has the potential to earn up to $1600 in take-home pay per fortnight.
If you are ready to make a difference with HammondCare, Apply Now!
For any specific queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
All short-listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check, a pre-employment functional assessment, references, and must be willing to have COVID-19 and influenza vaccinations.
Our Talent Acquisition Team kindly requests no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. HammondCare is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes
Thank you. Please wait for a moment as we direct you to the Apply Portal for you to complete this job application.
Sign up for job alerts