- Greenwich, NSW, Australia, 2065
- Wahroonga, NSW, Australia, 2076
- Health & Palliative Care
- Medical Professional
- Palliative Care
- Permanent Part Time
- Closing on: Dec 7 2021
- Permanent, part-time role, 32 hours a week
- Located at Neringah Hospital, Wahroonga NSW
- HammondCare is a NSW Health affiliated organisation with continuity of entitlements
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity that exists to improve quality of life for people in need.
We specialise in palliative care, rehabilitation, mental health services for older people, aged and dementia care, and other related health and aged care services. HammondCare seeks to embed evidence based best practice in its services and we provide these services through sub-acute hospitals, home care and residential aged care.
Bringing these health, hospital and aged care services together, HammondCare has been able to develop innovative, flexible care models designed to serve people with complex health or aged care needs, regardless of their circumstances.
About the role
HammondCare has developed a new and unique program in collaboration with Bupa and Medibank Private Health Insurance to provide specialist palliative care services and end-of-life care to patients in their own homes within the NSLHD. The desired outcome of this program is for patients to be able to remain at home for as long as possible or for end of life care.
The Clinical Navigator (Palliative Care) role, works within the Mission and Mission in Action of HammondCare. Providing high quality clinical care and coordination the role is a central and crucial role that acts as an effective liaison between the specialist community palliative care teams, care workers, general practitioners and patients within the NSLHD.
The Clinical Navigator is responsible for articulating the palliative care services and HammondCare’s Mission, Motivation and Mission in Action to patients. The Clinical Navigator will provide holistic patient care within the patient’s home or preferred place of care and provide a seamless journey for patients and families and ensure that medical and allied health staff are involved in the patient’s care at the appropriate times.
The essence of this role:
- Responsible for articulating and working effectively within HammondCare’s Mission, Motivation and Mission in Action to clients
- To assist patients to navigate their palliative care journey and implement an appropriate plan, including preparation for end-of-life care at home
- Assess and understand each patient’s care needs, consulting with colleagues to develop care plans to improve quality of life
- Effective liaison between the specialist community palliative care teams, care workers and patients/families facilitating understanding and seamless care implementation.
- Coordinate care, accessing and collaborating with other government and non-government agencies to ensure patients receive services relevant to their needs
- Works within scope of professional nursing practice
About You (Selection Criteria)
- Commitment to engage and align with HammondCare’s Christian Mission, Motivation and Mission in Action
- Current Registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- A current drivers licence and safe driving record. Willingness to travel between HammondCare’s sites and across the Northern Sydney area
- Relevant experience working in a palliative care inpatient or outpatient setting, with a demonstrated passion for delivering high quality palliative care
- Experience in case management or coordination within community palliative care services
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining relationships with a multidisciplinary team through advanced interpersonal and intrapersonal skills, including written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates initiative and a commitment to providing excellent service provision
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong administrative and computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, TEAMS and eMR (electronic medical records)
- Empathy and patience
As HammondCare is a NSW Health affiliated organisation, all NSW Health transferrable entitlements will be recognised by HammondCare, in accordance with the Public Health System.
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
All applications must address the individual selection criteria.
For any specific queries not answered by the information pack, please contact Trudy Langdon (Acting Nurse Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org .
All short listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check, immunisation staff screening & vaccination compliance checks.
Closing Date: 7th December 2021
Thank you. Please wait for a moment as we direct you to the Apply Portal for you to complete this job application.
Sign up for job alerts