Clinical Nurse Consultant - Infection Control and Prevention & Staff Health
- Prairiewood, NSW, Australia, 2176
- Health & Palliative Care
- Permanent Full Time
- Closing on: May 31 2022
- Permanent, full time role – 38 hours a week
- Located at Braeside Hospital, Prairiewood NSW
- HammondCare is a NSW Health affiliated organisation with continuity of entitlements
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity that exists to improve quality of life for people in need.
We specialise in aged and dementia care, palliative care, rehabilitation, mental health services for older people, and other related health and aged care services. HammondCare seeks to embed evidence-based best practice in its services and we provide these services through home care, sub-acute hospitals, community based healthcare, residential aged care and Dementia Services Australia.
Bringing these health, hospital and aged care services together, HammondCare has been able to develop innovative, flexible care models designed to serve people with complex health or aged care needs, regardless of their circumstances.
About the role
The role of the Clinical Nurse Consultant is to provide expert nursing consultancy service to patients, carers and other health care professionals within the defined specialty of Infection, Prevention and Control, to deliver high quality clinical services in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team.
- The Clinical Nurse Consultant in Infection Prevention and Control provides leadership that facilitates the ongoing development of clinical practice
- Contribute and initiate the development and management of clinical processes
e.g. care planning, clinical pathways
- The Clinical Nurse Consultant provides leadership that facilitates the ongoing development of clinical practice by initiating research and utilising research findings within the scope of Infection Prevention practice
- Participates in operational and strategic planning for staff health vaccination and occupational exposure management and screening program
- Monitor Vaccination status of onboarding and established staff and maintain a staff vaccination database. Oversees the provision of an immunisation service
- Initiate, conduct and disseminate the findings of locally based research
- May participate as co-researcher in larger studies
- Manage research projects requiring clinical contribution from others
- The Clinical Nurse Consultant in Infection Prevention and Control contributes to develop and deliver education programs specific to the specialty area
- Participate in formal and informal education programs
- Identify clinical education needs
- The Clinical Nurse Consultant in Infection Prevention participates where required in formal processes for the strategic and operational planning of the clinical service
- Facilitates, implements, monitors and evaluates care outcomes
- Contributes and advocates for quality improvement activities in relation to infection prevention and control
- Consults with health professionals internal and external to determine and maintain best practice within the speciality
- Provides support and facilitates the professional development of the clinical nurses within the guidelines of the Australian Nursing Code of Ethics
- Utilises evidence based practice to determine contemporary speciality nursing practice
- Consults with health professionals in the development and management of patient care processes
- Maintains a contemporary approach to nursing care practices by using an evidenced based approach
- Participates in specialist clinical groups and/or state, national or international nursing bodies.
- Commitment to engage and align with HammondCare’s Christian Mission, Motivation and Mission in Action
- Registered Authorised RN with AHPRA that has completed the tertiary requirements including 5 years full time equivalent post registration experience
- Approved post graduate nursing qualifications in infection prevention and control (or working towards) or such other qualifications or experience deemed appropriate by the organization
- Accredited vaccination nurse
- Ability to independently assess, investigate and implement appropriate treatment for patients within nursing practice guidelines
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and have effective communication and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently within the wider multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated organisation, networking and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with sensitivity, empathy, patience, and flexibility
- A knowledge and understanding of the EQUIP National Standards and a willingness to participate in quality activities to improve practice
- Hand Hygiene qualifications desirable
- A current drivers license and safe driving record
- Willingness to travel between HammondCare’s sites and services.
As HammondCare is a NSW Health affiliated organisation, all NSW Health transferrable entitlements will be recognised by HammondCare, in accordance with the Public Health System.
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
All applications must address the individual selection criteria.
For any specific queries not answered by the information pack, please contact Sunil Mathew (Operations Manager & Director of Nursing) at firstname.lastname@example.org .
All short listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check, immunisation staff screening & vaccination compliance checks.
Closing Date: 31st May 2022
Thank you. Please wait for a moment as we direct you to the Apply Portal for you to complete this job application.
Sign up for job alerts