Community Care Worker - Cowra
- Personal Care Work
- Maximum Term Full Time
- Permanent Part Time
- Closing on: Jul 23 2022
- Permanent roles are available with substantial guaranteed hours!
- Paid travel time between client visits, plus mileage, and broken shift allowance
- Shifts for our Care Workers are available from Mon to Sun between 7 am-9 pm
HammondCare At Home is continuing to expand our services and we are seeking several part-time Community Care Workers to provide support to our Clients across the Cowra Region.
HammondCare specialises in Aged and Dementia Care, Palliative Care, Rehabilitation, Mental Health services for older people, and other related Health and Aged Care services. HammondCare seeks to embed evidence-based best practices in its services and we provide these services through Home Care, Sub-Acute Hospitals and Residential Aged Care,
What's involved in the role?
Community Aged Care Support Workers deliver a range of 'At Home Aged Care services and mostly work independently in client homes, but with direct support from their Care Manager. Duties include:
- Assisting with personal care
- Medication assistance
- Meal preparation
- Light housework
- Shopping and transport to medical appointments
- Social support and community engagement
Care Worker Minimum Contract Hours
At HammondCare we recognise the importance of offering our people consistent and stable salaries.
Our people are key to the care we provide to the clients we are privileged to serve. Providing sufficient hours and work for our critical care workforce is one of the most important ways we can support our people.
What do you need to apply?
- No formal qualification is necessary, however, Certificate III Aged Care is an advantage
- Transferrable skills in providing care and compassion to others
- Valid Drivers Licence
- A reliable car with minimum third-party insurance
- Certificate III in Individual Support is desirable (not essential)
- Guaranteed hours and stability in our team !
- Competitive remuneration and conditions, including penalty rates, paid travel time and kilometres and a broken shift allowance
- Retention bonuses at 6 months and 12 months of service
- HammondCare offers its staff excellent training & career development opportunities
- Full paid training s provided with local offices, local managers and a 24/7 support line
- First Aid Training and Certification provided
- Paid Bonus Schemes I.e. Refer a Friend is $1000
- Supportive arrangements during the pandemic, including COVID-19 Special Leave if required to isolate, additional paid screening time each shift and full supply of all PPE
Fitness Passport Membership:
- Unlimited visits across all fitness facilities in the HammondCare program
- Individual and Family memberships available
- Full facility access can include gyms, group classes and pools
Care Worker salary case study
Here are some examples of what might be possible with HammondCare;
- A care worker working a 20 hour week has the potential to earn up to $1150 in take-home pay per fortnight.
- A care worker working a 30 hour week has the potential to earn up to $1600 in take-home pay per fortnight.
If you are ready to make a difference with HammondCare, Apply Now!
For any specific queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
All short-listed applicants will be asked to consent to a criminal record check, a pre-employment functional assessment, and references, and must be willing to have all 3 COVID-19 vaccines and the 2022 influenza vaccination.
Our Talent Acquisition Team kindly requests no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. HammondCare is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
Thank you. Please wait for a moment as we direct you to the Apply Portal for you to complete this job application.
Sign up for job alerts