Community Care Worker - Inner West Sydney - Language specific
- Personal Care Work
- Permanent Part Time
- Closing on: Jul 8 2022
HammondCare At Home is continuing to expand our services and we are seeking part-time Home Care Workers who speak Greek, Vietnamese, Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin, Italian, Japanese and Cantonese.
What's involved in the role?
Home Care Workers deliver a range of ‘At Home’ Aged Care services and mostly work independently in client homes, but with direct support from their Care Manager, Workplace Coach, and other Home Care workers.
This role involves travel to clients’ homes across Inner Western Sydney. Please be prepared for this. The role is also repetitive in nature and can be physically demanding. Suburbs you may cover are:
Daily Duties can include:
- Assisting with personal care including showering/toileting & changing incontinence pads
- Meal preparation
- Light housework including vacuuming, wiping down the
- Shopping and transport to medical appointments
- Social support and community engagement
Benefits - What’s in it for you?
- CERT III available through HammondCare’s RTO
- Competitive remuneration and conditions, including penalty rates, paid travel time and kilometres, and a broken shift allowance
- Full supply of PPE
- Maximise your take-home pay with NFP salary packaging
- Retention bonuses at 6 months and 12 months of service totalling $750
- HammondCare offers its staff excellent training & career development opportunities
- Full training is provided with local offices, local managers, and a 24/7 support line
- First Aid Training and Certification provided
- Paid Bonus Schemes I.e., Refer a Friend
- Paid 10 day induction program including buddy shifts with our Home Care clients
- Fitness Passport Now available
- Full facility access can include gyms, group classes and pools
- Great for the individual or family
- Unlimited visits across all fitness facilities in the HammondCare program
HammondCare specialises in Aged and Dementia Care, Palliative Care, Rehabilitation, Mental Health services for older people, and other related Health and Aged Care services. HammondCare seeks to embed evidence-based best practices in its services, and we provide these services through Home Care, Sub-Acute Hospitals and Residential Aged Care.
What do you need to apply?
- No formal qualification is necessary, however, Certificate III Aged Care/Individual Support is an advantage
- Transferrable skills in providing care and compassion to others –
- Valid Provisional or above Driver’s Licence
- A reliable car with minimum Compulsory Third-Party insurance
- Flexibility & willingness to travel as needed
HammondCare At Home has a relationship-based approach to care, and our team members take the time to fully understand the individual needs of every person we care for. Our team have regular clients and get to know the person and their family, so that our clients won’t feel like there is a stranger in their home.
Care Worker salary case study
Here are some examples of what might be possible with HammondCare.
- A care worker working a 20-hour week has the potential to earn up to $1150 in take-home pay per fortnight.
- A care worker working a 30-hour week has the potential to earn up to $1600 in take-home pay per fortnight.
If you are ready to make a difference with HammondCare, Apply Now!
For any specific queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Close Date: 8 July 2022
All short-listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check, a pre-employment functional assessment, references, and must be willing to have COVID-19 and influenza vaccinations.
Our Talent Acquisition Team kindly requests no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. HammondCare is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes
Thank you. Please wait for a moment as we direct you to the Apply Portal for you to complete this job application.
Sign up for job alerts