Community Care Worker - Lithgow
- Personal Care Work
- Permanent Part Time
- Closing on: Jul 23 2022
HammondCare specialises in Aged and Dementia Care, Palliative Care, Rehabilitation, Mental Health services for older people, and other related Health and Aged Care services. HammondCare seeks to embed evidence-based best practices in its services, and we provide these services through Home Care, Sub-Acute Hospitals and Residential Aged Care.
About the role
HammondCare currently has an opportunity for Home Care Workers to join the Central West Area for the Lithgow Region for Permanent Part Time positions.
HammondCare At Home is continuing to expand our services and we are seeking several part-time Home Care Workers to provide support to our Clients across the Lithgow Region. Our people are key to the care we provide to the clients we are privileged to serve. Providing sufficient hours and work for our critical care workforce is one of the most important ways we can support our people.
What's involved in the role?
Home Care Support Workers delivers a range of 'At Home Aged Care services’ and you mostly work independently in client homes, but with direct support from HammondCare Management.
- Assisting with personal care
- Medication assistance
- Meal preparation
- Light housework
- Shopping and transport to medical appointments
- Social support and community engagement
- A passion for providing high quality care to the elderly
- Transferrable skills in providing care and compassion to others
- Valid NSW Class C Driver’s Licence
- A reliable car with minimum third-party insurance
- Demonstrated ability to undertake assisting with Personal Care, Medication Assistance, and Domestic Care
- Certificate III in Individual Support is desirable (not essential)
What HammondCare benefits and what we can offer:
- Work/Life Balance - Permanent Part Time roles are available.
- Paid travel time between client visits, plus mileage, and broken shift allowance
- Shifts for our Care Workers are available from Mon to Sun between 7am - 9pm
- Guaranteed hours and stability in our team!
- Competitive remuneration and conditions, including penalty rates
- Retention bonuses at 6 months and 12 months of service
- HammondCare offers its staff excellent training & career development and a 24/7 support line
- First Aid Training and Certification provided
- Full supply of all Personal Protective Equipment
- Paid Bonus Schemes i.e. Refer a Friend is $1000
- Corporate gym membership – Fitness Passport Membership
- Access to confidential Employee Assistance Program
Hammond Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
To submit your application for this position, please complete the questionnaire. You will then be prompted to attach your letter focusing on the Key Requirements addressing the Essential and Desirable, Resume and copies of any relevant Qualifications (please note, attaching a resume is mandatory). You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
Application closing date: 23 July 2022, 11:55 PM
If you are ready to make a difference with HammondCare, Apply Now!
For any specific queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
All short-listed applicants will be asked to consent to a criminal record check, a pre-employment functional assessment, and references, and must be willing to have all 3 COVID-19 vaccines and the 2022 influenza vaccination.
Our Talent Acquisition Team kindly requests no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. HammondCare is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
Thank you. Please wait for a moment as we direct you to the Apply Portal for you to complete this job application.
Sign up for job alerts