Community Care Worker Western Sydney - North Team
- St Marys
- Personal Care Work
- Permanent Part Time
- Closing on: Jul 8 2022
What's involved in the role?
Home Care Workers deliver a range of ‘At Home’ Aged Care services and mostly work independently in client homes, but with direct support from their Care Manager, Workplace Coach, and other Home Care workers.
This role involves travel to clients’ homes across Western Sydney’s Northern suburbs. Please be prepared for this. The role is also repetitive in nature and can be physically demanding. Suburbs you may cover include:
- Castle Hill
- Winston hills
- Bella Vista
- Assisting with personal care – including bowel care and pad changes
- Medication assistance
- Meal preparation
- Light housework – including vacuuming, bathroom cleaning, bad making
- Shopping and transport to medical appointments
- Social support and community engagement
Benefits - What’s in it for you?
- Retention bonuses paid at 6 and 12 months = $750
- Potential to earn $1000 by referring someone you know.
- Competitive remuneration and conditions, including penalty rates, paid travel time and kilometres, and a broken shift allowance
- Full supply of PPE
- Maximise your take-home pay with NFP salary packaging
- HammondCare offers its staff excellent training & career development opportunities
- Full training is provided with local offices, local managers, and a 24/7 support line
- First Aid Training and Certification provided
- Supportive arrangements and flexible shifts to suit your work/life balance
- Fitness Passport Now available
- Full facility access can include gyms, group classes and pools
- Great for the individual or family
- Unlimited visits across all fitness facilities in the HammondCare program
What do you need to apply?
- Fully vaccinated – three doses of Covid vaccinations + flu vaccination in 2022
- Valid provisional or above Driver’s Licence
- A reliable car with minimum third-party insurance
- Availability to take on Perm, Part-Time hours across Monday to Sunday, and hours between 7am to 9pm.
- No formal qualification is necessary, however, Certificate III in Aged Care or Individual Support is an advantage
- Transferrable skills in providing care and compassion to others – personal experience is highly valued!
- Willingness to engage with our clients and have a genuine care for their quality of life
- Reliability and willingness to provide genuine care and supports to our clients
- HammondCare specialises in Aged and Dementia Care, Palliative Care, Rehabilitation, Mental Health services for older people, and other related Health and Aged Care services. HammondCare seeks to embed evidence-based best practices in its services, and we provide these services through Home Care, Sub-Acute Hospitals and Residential Aged Care.
HammondCare At Home has a relationship-based approach to care, and our team members take the time to fully understand the individual needs of every person we care for. Our team have regular clients and get to know the person and their family, so that our clients won’t feel like there is a stranger in their home.
Care Worker salary case study
Here are some examples of what might be possible with HammondCare.
- A care worker working a 20-hour week has the potential to earn up to $1150 in take-home pay per fortnight.
- A care worker working a 30-hour week has the potential to earn up to $1600 in take-home pay per fortnight.
If you are ready to make a difference with HammondCare, Apply Now!
For any specific queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 8 July 2022.
All short-listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check, a pre-employment functional assessment, references, and must be willing to have a COVID-19 and influenza vaccination.
Our Talent Acquisition Team kindly requests no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. HammondCare is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes
Thank you. Please wait for a moment as we direct you to the Apply Portal for you to complete this job application.
Sign up for job alerts