Dementia Consultant - Brisbane
- Maximum Term Full Time
- Closing at: Oct 31 2021 at 23:55 AEST
Do you have a Nursing or Allied Health background? Do you have exposure to working with people living with Dementia? Do you have a passion for improving quality of life?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of the above, then this role might be for you.
As a Dementia Consultant, you will:
Work as part of a national team as part of Dementia Support Australia (a federally funded program run through HammondCare), with the opportunity to access knowledge and support from experienced consultants across the country.
Dementia Consultants provide consulting and advice, to carers and staff when they need support for people living with dementia, who are experiencing changes in behaviour that impact their care or the carer.
Key duties include:
- Working in partnership with the person living with dementia and their care network to understand the causes or triggers that led to changes in behaviour
- Completing on-the ground holistic assessments of the person with dementia and their environment
- Develop tailored, non-pharmacological behavioural strategies to help guide carers and staff in supporting the person with dementia
- Case Management – Support clients from intake through to referral closure. This includes holistic assessments, development of non-pharmacological strategies, and supporting carers with implementation of recommendations.
To be successful in this role, you would at least need:
- Exposure and knowledge in supporting people living with dementia
- Experience in conducting assessments, plus developing and implementing care plans
- Understanding of delivering person-centred care.
HammondCare provides Health, Aged and Dementia Care expertise that empowers the people we serve.
Regarded Nationally and Internationally as one of Australia’s most innovative health and Aged Care Providers.
HammondCare’s Dementia Centre exists to enhance the quality of life of people living with Dementia through services and solutions that are proven in practice.
Benefits of working for HammondCare
- Work for an Industry leader at the forefront of research in Dementia Care in Australia and Internationally
- Excellent Learning & Development, Growth and Career opportunities
- The opportunity to spend the required time to complete a full assessment
- Opportunities to travel intrastate and interstate
- Work in a Multidisciplinary Environment – Physios, OT’s, RN’s, Speech Pathologists etc. sharing skills and working together
Flexible working – Manage your diary and schedule
- Use of fleet Vehicles.
For more info check out our website: www.hammond.com.au/careers
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
Click on the 'Apply Now' button and complete the application form, attaching your resume, cover letter and availability form.
Thank you. Please wait for a moment as we direct you to the Apply Portal for you to complete this job application.
Sign up for job alerts