Dementia Consultant - Stay at Home
- Maximum Term Full Time
- Closing at: Jul 22 2022 at 23:55 AEST
Dementia Consultant Stay at Home Program
- Do you have experience working with people living with Dementia and their carers?
- Do you have experience delivering educative and supportive programs?
- $118,000 TRP on a contract through to June 2025.
Are you passionate about improving the quality of life for people living with Dementia? At HammondCare you can be part of the solution. We are looking for Dementia Consultants in our new program, Staying at Home, a carer wellbeing and respite program launching nationally. The role involves the provision of knowledge, skill and advice on matters relating to dementia care within the community.
As a Dementia Consultant, you will:
- Provide dementia specific expert consulting and advisory services.
- Delivery of the Dementia Support Australia (DSA) Staying at Home program,, that includes assessment, case management, supporting, mentoring and modelling to reduce the impact of behaviours on people living with dementia, their carers community care staff
- Access current evidence-based guidance and knowledge and ensure it is aligned with the Dementia Centre and utilise to inform all activities in the role.
- Be part of the larger, national Dementia Centre Team and participate, and contribute and learn from each other.
To be successful in this role:
The main requirement for the role is prior experience supporting people living with dementia and their carers, in the community. We would consider people from an Allied Health, Nursing, Aged Care or Mental Health backgrounds.
- High level of communication and relationship building skills
- Problem solving and decision-making skills relevant to the aged and dementia care context
- Experience in the development and delivery of training programs.
- A current Australian drivers licence
- Willingness to travel regionally and interstate as required.
- Empathy and patience.
- Competitive salaries
- Professional development opportunities
- Corporate Benefits - Reduced Healthcare memberships, reduced gym memberships etc. Too many to list, but available on our website.
Imagine working for us:
Visualise working for an organisation whose sole focus is to improve quality of life for people in need and wake up knowing that you are going to make a difference today? Look no further!
For more info check out our website: www.hammond.com.au/careers
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
All short-listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check.
Thank you. Please wait for a moment as we direct you to the Apply Portal for you to complete this job application.
Sign up for job alerts