Dementia Consultant - Darwin
- Maximum Term Full Time
- Closing at: Jun 12 2022 at 23:55 ACST
- 6 weeks’ annual leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Relocation assistance available
Due to movements within our service, HammondCare are looking for Dementia Consultants to join our team of passionate dementia professionals in Darwin, NT.
The role is a long-term full-time opportunity until June 2025 in an area of Aged Care that is rapidly growing! Being a Dementia Consultant involves providing knowledge, skill and advice on matters relating to excellent dementia care in clinical and non-clinical matters.
You will have the opportunity to work with varied stakeholders, through different mediums and at different locations, all while being well-supported by your regional and wider national team.
As a Dementia Consultant, you will:
- Provide dementia specific expert consulting and advisory services within and outside of HammondCare.
- Delivery of the Dementia Support Australia (DSA) service, including assessment, case management, supporting, mentoring and modelling to reduce the impact of behaviours on people living with dementia, their carers and staff.
- Access current evidence-based guidance and knowledge ensure it is aligned with the Dementia Centre and utilise this resource to inform all activities in the role.
- Be part of and regularly contribute to the national Dementia Centre Team. In return, you will be supported by your Team Leader, other Dementia Consultants and Dementia Support Workers.
To be successful in this role:
The main requirement for the role is experience creating person-centred care plans for people living with Dementia. We would consider people from Allied Health, Nursing and Aged Care backgrounds. More specifically, we are looking for:
- Expertise in supporting people living with dementia.
- Experience in Australian residential aged care.
- High level of communication and relationship building skills.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills relevant to the aged and dementia care context.
- A current Australian driver’s licence.
- Willingness to travel on occasions when needed.
- Ideally, you are someone who loves to enthusiastically participate, contribute and learn.
- Flexible work arrangements – 1-2 days in the office, 3-4 days. assessing clients. It would be ideal if you had the ability/set up at home for working from home days.
- Competitive salaries.
- 6 weeks' annual leave.
- Accredited dementia specific training & career development opportunities.
Imagine working for us:
Visualise working for an organisation whose sole focus is to improve quality of life for people in need and wake up knowing that you are going to make a difference today? Look no further!
HammondCare are the leaders in aged and dementia care, we seek to improve the quality of life for people in need through palliative care, rehabilitation and mental health services for older people.
For more info check out our website: www.hammond.com.au/careers
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
All short-listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check.
Thank you. Please wait for a moment as we direct you to the Apply Portal for you to complete this job application.
Sign up for job alerts