Dementia Consultant - DEMP Program WA
- Maximum Term Full Time
- Closing at: Feb 28 2022 at 23:55 AWST
The success we have had with the Dementia Engagement Modelling Program (DEMP) pilot has led us to expand this part of our Dementia Support Australia (DSA) service, and therefore we are seeking Lifestyle Coordinators and Diversional Therapists. Referred to as DEMP Consultant, this role will support residential aged care staff to implement best-practice engagement support for people living with dementia.
DEMP services are inclusive of, but not limited to:
- Resident assessment regarding engagement needs; modelling/mentoring regarding activity trials.
- Collaborative development of engagement activity plans and outcome evaluation.
- Informal coaching/development sessions on the floor.
- Formal coaching/development sessions for staff re engagement strategies for people living dementia.
- Provision of activity equipment as required.
- Environment recommendation to enhance engagement activity.
The main requirements for this role are:
- A minimum of 3 years in Diversional Therapy or as a Lifestyle Coordinator within the Australian Aged Care Industry.
- Experience and knowledge in supporting the engagement of people living with dementia.
- Experience in development and implementation activity plans.
- Understanding of relationship-centred care.
HammondCare provides Health, Aged and Dementia Care expertise that empowers the people we serve.
Regarded nationally and internationally as one of Australia’s most innovative Health and Aged Care providers.
HammondCare’s Dementia Centre exists to enhance the quality of life of people living with dementia through services and solutions that are proven in practice.
Benefits of working for HammondCare
- Work for an Industry leader at the forefront of research in Dementia Care in Australia and internationally.
- Excellent learning & development, growth and career opportunities.
- Opportunities to travel intrastate and interstate.
- Flexible working conditions.
- Use of fleet vehicles.
For more info check out our website: www.hammond.com.au/careers
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
Click on the 'Apply Now' button and complete the application form, attaching your resume, cover letter and availability form.
All short-listed applicants for these positions will have proof of Influenza and COVID-19 vaccination and be asked to consent to a criminal record check.
Thank you. Please wait for a moment as we direct you to the Apply Portal for you to complete this job application.
Sign up for job alerts