Dementia Consultant - Helpline
- Maximum Term Full Time
- Closing at: Sep 2 2022 at 23:55 AEST
Are you passionate about improving the quality of life for people living with Dementia? At HammondCare you can be part of the solution.
Dementia Support Australia (DSA) is a government funded national partnership led by HammondCare. A component of DSA is our 24/7 phone support service with dedicated Helpline Advisors providing assistance to care givers struggling with changes in behaviour or quality of life.
Due recent and ongoing growth in referrals, we are looking for excellent Dementia Consultant to join our Helpline teams in Sydney Metro, South East Melbourne and Perth for Monday to Friday day shifts, providing support and consultation to DSA clients and members of their care network.
As a Dementia Consultant Helpline, you will:
- Provide dementia-specific non-pharmacological strategies over the phone, via live chat and through phone support case management.
- Provide advice to reduce the impact of behaviours of people living with dementia on themselves, their carers and staff.
- Be well supported by your team of DSA Helpline Advisors, DBMAS and SBRT Consultants and your Team Leader to continuously provide best-practice, person-centred solutions
- Provide information and data which reports statistics and information collected regarding calls and live chat.
- Effectively manage customer complaints or challenging situations as they arise, with early notification to your Team Leader when necessary.
- Implement service improvement solutions across the phone and live chat team consistently and efficiently.
- Be flexible to work across a variety of shifts throughout the week Monday-Sunday
This role demands a knowledge of supporting older people living with Dementia and a strong leadership mentality to provide excellent customer service.
- You will also need to be competent in analysing data to translate that into solutions for service improvements.
- Experience in customer service or a contact centre highly desirable, but not essential.
- If you pride yourself on your communication, analytical skills and attention to detail then we’d like to hear from you.
- This is a Max Term position to June 2025 on a 24 hour helpline, however the shifts we are recruiting for are day shifts (7-3, 8-4, 9-5 etc.).
- Work for an industry leader at the forefront of innovation and research into Dementia care and support
- Grow with us - excellent learning & development opportunities
- Many opportunities to transition into other roles within the DSA service
HammondCare provides Health, Aged and Dementia Care expertise that empowers the people we serve.
Regarded Nationally and Internationally as one of Australia’s most innovative health and Aged Care Providers.
HammondCare’s Dementia Centre exists to enhance the quality of life of people living with Dementia through services and solutions that are proven in practice.
For more info check out our website: www.hammond.com.au/careers
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
Click on the 'Apply Now' button and complete the application form, attaching your resume, cover letter responding to the About You section and outlining your availability.
All short-listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check and Working With Children Check within their relevant state
Thank you. Please wait for a moment as we direct you to the Apply Portal for you to complete this job application.
Sign up for job alerts