Dementia Consultant - Horsley
- Permanent Full Time
- Closing at: Aug 22 2022 at 23:55 AEST
- Permanent Position based in our Horsley Residential Cottages
- Join a leader in Dementia Care and Research.
Are you passionate about improving the quality of life for people living with Dementia? At HammondCare you can be part of the solution.
About the role:
Dementia Consultants at HammondCare come from a variety of backgrounds, including Allied Health and Registered Nursing. If you are from a clinical or allied health background with a focus on person centric care in people living with Dementia then this role could be for you.
Based out of our Horsley Residential Cottages, the role of a Dementia Consultant focuses on improving the quality of lives of people living with Dementia living in HammondCare’s Horsley residential care home. The role will focus on building capacity, skills and knowledge of the carers and teams looking after the residents.
This is a permanent full-time opportunity where no two days are the same...
As a Dementia consultant you will:
- Develop the skills, expertise and/or applied knowledge of aged care staff to understand the person living with dementia and develop best practice support and care.
- Assess individual and team learning and development needs.
- Plan engagement with individuals and teams to achieve agreed practice development objectives and quality improvements.
- Access current evidence-based guidance and knowledge to ensure it is aligned with the Dementia Centre and utilise to inform all activities in the role.
- Work on other projects and assignments as required and in line with areas of skill, expertise and knowledge.
We need passionate health care professionals who have experience with people living with dementia and a passion for training and teaching. Other requirements include:
- Experience in Australian residential aged care.
- Demonstrated skills in modelling, mentoring and coaching others.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills relevant to the aged and dementia care context.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills both written and verbal.
- Strong administrative and computer skills.
- A current valid driver’s licence.
- Willingness to travel on occasions when needed, in line with demands.
- Competitive salaries
- Dementia specific training & career development opportunities
- Corporate Benefits – Reduced Healthcare memberships, Fitness Passport, Novated Lease Options etc.
Imagine working for us
HammondCare are the leaders in aged and dementia care, we seek to improve the quality of life for people in need through dementia care, palliative care, rehabilitation and mental health services for older people.
For more info check out our website: www.hammond.com.au/careers
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
Click on the 'Apply Now' button and complete the application form, attaching your resume, cover letter and availability form.
All short-listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check.
Thank you. Please wait for a moment as we direct you to the Apply Portal for you to complete this job application.
Sign up for job alerts