Dementia Consultant - St Marys
- St Marys
- Maximum Term Full Time
- Closing at: Dec 31 2021 at 11:00 AEDT
About the role:
If you are looking for a job that will help to crystallise your clinical experience and challenge yourself in a different setting, look no further! HammondCare is looking for a Dementia Consultant in St Marys, NSW.
As a Dementia Consultant, you will:
- Providing dementia-specific expert consulting and advisory services within and outside of HammondCare.
- Delivery of the DSA (incorporating SBRT and DBMAS) service, that includes assessment, case management, supporting, mentoring and modelling to reduce the impact of behaviors on people living with dementia, their carer’s and staff
- Build sector capacity through communication, education, mentoring and coaching in practice.
- Assess individual and team learning and development needs.
- Plan engagement with individuals and teams to achieve agreed practice development objectives and quality improvements.
- Access current evidence-based guidance and knowledge ensure it is aligned with the Dementia Centre and utilise to inform all activities in the role.
- Utilise agreed HammondCare and Dementia Centre processes to communicate, monitor and manage work delegations and projects including evaluation and reporting.
- Participate, contribute and learn as part of the Dementia Centre team in team meetings, professional supervision and team activities.
- Work on other projects and assignments as required and in line with areas of skill, expertise and knowledge.
- Understand and engage with HammondCare Mission in Action, Model of Care, Case Management Framework and practice guidelines, policies and procedures
- Expertise in supporting people living with dementia
- Experience in Australian residential aged care
- Demonstrated skills in teaching, mentoring and coaching others
- High level of negotiation, communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Problem solving and decision-making skills relevant to the aged and dementia care context
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills both written and verbal.
- Strong administrative and computer skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A current driver’s license
- Willingness to travel on occasions when needed, in line with demands.
- Empathy and patience.
- Qualification in relevant field
Visualise working for an organisation whose sole focus is to improve the quality of life for people in need and wake up knowing that you are going to make a difference today? Look no further!
HammondCare are the leaders in aged and dementia care, we seek to improve the quality of life for people in need through palliative care, rehabilitation and mental health services for older individuals.
Our Mission and Motivation is reflected in our passion to serve people with complex health or aged care needs, regardless of their circumstances.
The Dementia Centre founded by HammondCare in 1995 is an impartial resource and provider of research and expertise to the aged and dementia care community - key to HammondCare's commitment to excellence in dementia care.
The Centre has been selected to lead the Australian Government funded SBRT and DBMAS programs renewed on a yearly basis.
- Competitive salaries
- Accredited dementia specific training & career development opportunities
- Corporate Benefits – Reduced Healthcare memberships, reduced gym memberships etc. Too many to list, but available on our website.
For more info check out our website: www.hammond.com.au/careers
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
Thank you. Please wait for a moment as we direct you to the Apply Portal for you to complete this job application.
Sign up for job alerts