Dementia Support Worker - Bendigo
- Maximum Term Full Time
- Closing at: Dec 31 2021 at 23:55 AEDT
As part of our Dementia Support Australia (DSA) service we have a newly created role of Dementia Support Worker. The Dementia Support Worker will support the provision of behaviour management for people living with dementia and their carers both in residential and community settings.
More specifically Dementia Support Workers will;
- Work collaboratively with aged care staff and community carers to understand the person living with dementia with best-practice support and care
- Support the implementation of recommendation plans and model the implementation of strategies
- Ensure service delivery to clients operates in line with the underpinning principles of assessment and intervention within the psycho-social case management approach of the Dementia Centre.
To be successful in this role, were looking for:
- Demonstrated experience in dementia care and support within residential and community aged care settings
- Qualification in relevant field i.e. Allied Health Assistant, Enrolled Nurse (EN), Cert III or IV in Aged Care services.
- Effective time management and ability to prioritise in a busy work environment.
- A current drivers licence and safe driving record in order to be flexible to travel intrastate and interstate to support the delivery of Dementia Centre services.
- A commitment to engage and align with HammondCares Mission, Motivation and Mission in Action
- Competitive salaries
- Accredited dementia specific training and career development opportunities further within our DSA service and HammondCare as an organisation
Imagine working for us:
- Visualise working for an organisation whose sole focus is to improve quality of life for people in need and wake up knowing that you are going to make a difference today? Look no further!
- HammondCare are the leaders in aged and dementia care, we seek to improve the quality of life for people in need through palliative care, rehabilitation and mental health services for older people.
- For more info check out our website: www.hammond.com.au/careers
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
Click on the 'Apply Now' button and complete the application form, attaching your resume, cover letter and availability form.
All short-listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check and must show proof of vaccination against the influenza and COVID-19 viruses.
Thank you. Please wait for a moment as we direct you to the Apply Portal for you to complete this job application.
Sign up for job alerts