Educator - Workplace Trainer and Assessor
- Cardiff, NSW, Australia, 2285
- Erina, NSW, Australia, 2250
- Horsley, NSW, Australia, 2530
- North Turramurra, NSW, Australia, 2074
- Scone, NSW, Australia, 2337
- Wahroonga, NSW, Australia, 2076
- Caulfield, VIC, Australia, 3162
- Learning & Development
- Permanent Full Time
- Closing on: Nov 5 2021
Educator | Workplace Trainer Assessor
- Multiple positions available across Sydney, Central Coast, Hunter Valley and Melbourne
- Deliver and assess Nationally Accredited Training for Hammond RTO
- Competitive Remuneration Package
Work as an integrated member of the Learning Team who focus on improving the lives of people receiving HammondCare services through the Learning and Development of HammondCare staff.
About Hammondcare and Hammond RTO
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity that has been serving families in Australia since 1932. We are an organisation that is led by our values, our passion is improving the quality of care for people in need. As one of Australia’s most innovative health and aged care providers, we champion life for every person in our care.
Hammond College RTO is an Enterprise RTO delivering CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support and CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support to HammondCare staff.
About the role
Reporting to the Regional Learning Team Leader, you will work within the Mission in Action of HammondCare and be part of the People and Learning Team who provide high performing and valued People and Learning function. The focus of the Educator is on improving the day to day practice of HammondCare’s Care Workers and other workers thereby improving the lives of people receiving HammondCare services.
The Educator Trainer Assessor does this through training and assessing colleagues in the workplace in both nationally accredited competencies and content.
- Understands and is able to explain how the Model of Care relates to the achievement of relevant industry standards
- Engage with personal professional development opportunities maintaining professional development in both the Vocational Education and Training sector and Aged Care Industry and provide proof of currency to Hammond College RTO every 6 months
- Plans training schedules which meet learner and service needs
- Contributes to the review and develop learning resources ensuring learner engagement, educational quality and compliance with ASQA standards and requirements where relevant
- Delivers learning activities
- Trains and assesses staff in ASQA accredited qualifications Certificate III in Individual Support and Certificate IV in Ageing Support
- Marks learner’s assessment evidence and provides feedback within required timeframes
- Evaluates learning activities, reports on learning outcomes and utilises data to inform planning
Skills and experience
- Commitment to and in-depth understanding of how to operationalise HC model of care
- Current Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- A minimum of 3 years experience in the Australian Aged Care Industry and able to demonstrate currency in your field of practice
- Commitment to the facilitation of lifelong learning for self and others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, to support learners and to work with relevant stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Intermediate to advanced MS Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Teams)
- Valid Driver’s Licence with reliable motor vehicle
- Financial - including salary packaging options and discounts on everyday products
- Novated Leasing
- Health and Wellbeing - including Employee Assistance Program
- Social and Community Activities
- Reward and Recognition Program
HammondCare is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity and inclusion. We strive on creating an equal employment environment where everyone from any background can be themselves.
Click APPLY and attach an updated cover letter and resume
All short-listed applicants will be asked to consent to a criminal record check and provide evidence of a current 2021 influenza and COVID vaccination
Our Talent Acquisition team and Hiring Managers kindly request no unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies. HammondCare isn’t responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Thank you. Please wait for a moment as we direct you to the Apply Portal for you to complete this job application.
Sign up for job alerts