Head of Employee Relations
- St Leonards, NSW, Australia, 2065
- Human Resources
- Permanent Full Time
- Closing on: Feb 3 2022
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, you will work within the Mission in Action of HammondCare and be part of the People and Learning Team. The role strategically informs and advises the People Team and broader organisation on all Employee Relations matters. Your extensive knowledge will ensure you provide accurate and high-value Employee Relations input into a range of areas such as Enterprise Bargaining, Award/Agreement interpretation, Policy development and general advice with regards to Awards and Employment legislation.
Key focus areas
- Develop, guide and influence the Employee Relations philosophy
- Negotiate with Trade Unions on Enterprise Bargaining or other Agreements
- Act as the Employee Relations Specialist and represent HammondCare at appropriate forums and other employment related tribunals.
- Develop and deliver Employee Relations, Industrial Relations and Performance Management training packages
- Draft relevant HR policies with a view to simplification and accessibility
Skills and experience
- Tertiary or legal qualifications in Employee Relations with a focus on Employment Law or related discipline
- Significant practical ER/IR experience in a multi-site environment
- Demonstrated experienced in major project development and implementation (such as renegotiations of Enterprise Agreements).
- A valid Drivers’ Licence with safe driving record
- Willingness to travel between HammondCare sites and services.
- Previous experience in Aged Care, Health or Disability settings (desirable however not essential)
- Financial - including salary packaging options
- Health and Wellbeing - including Employee Assistance Program
- Social and Community Activities
- Reward and Recognition Program
- Generous Employee Referral Program
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity that has been serving families in Australia since 1932. We are an organisation that is led by our values, our passion is improving the quality of care for people in need. As one of Australia’s most innovative health and aged care providers, we champion life for every person in our care.
HammondCare is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity and inclusion. We strive on creating an equal employment environment where everyone from any background can be themselves.
We believe your job should be rewarding and the ability to make a difference every day is a great place to start.
For more information, please contact email@example.com
All short-listed applicants will be asked to consent to a criminal record check and provide evidence of a current influenza and COVID vaccinations
Our Talent Acquisition team and Hiring Managers kindly request no unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies. HammondCare isn’t responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Thank you. Please wait for a moment as we direct you to the Apply Portal for you to complete this job application.
Sign up for job alerts