Health Education Lead
- Greenwich, NSW, Australia, 2065
- Health & Palliative Care
- Permanent Full Time
- Closing on: Aug 14 2022
- Provide oversight and help drive education strategy across HammondCare Health
- Permanent Full-time role working across Braeside, Greenwich & Neringah Hospitals
- HammondCare is a NSW Health affiliated organisation with continuity of entitlements
About the role
The Health Education Lead plays a critical role in the oversight, development and coordination of education programs and working with internal and external partners to HammondCare to ensure the development of our staff.
Essence of the role
- Oversight of Mandatory Training for Health Staff commencing at the orientation stage.
- Chairs the Education Committee for HammondCare Health.
- Coordinates the annual education needs assessment for Health and works in partnership with CNE’s, Allied Health, Medical and non clinical role education leads/managers.
- Works with the HammondCare Health Leadership Team on Professional Development program/opportunities for Health staff.
- Works with Director of Medical Services and Manager QSR to roll out Continuous Quality Improvement education program.
- Works with Health Leadership Team to look at strategic educational opportunities and partnerships with health and education providers
- Works with the HammondCare People Services portfolio (including Learning, organizational development etc) to look at opportunities to integrate across business units sharing expertise and skills to maximise the benefit to our staff and patients/residents/clients.
- For more info regarding key accountabilities please download a copy of the position description by clicking here
- Commitment to engage and align with HammondCare’s Christian Mission, Motivation and Mission in Action
- Current registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Relevant Post Graduate qualification
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment or currently enrolled in the program would be an advantage
- Demonstrated skills in developing, delivering and evaluation of education programs
- Proven ability to provide clinical leadership and act as a resource person/ mentor for staff
- Evidence of initiation/participation in Quality Improvement initiatives
- Experience as a Clinical Nurse Educator or Clinical Nurse Specialist would be an advantage
- Experience managing a team of skilled professionals
- Experienced in operating effectively in a multi-site environment
- A current drivers licence and safe driving record. Willingness to travel between HammondCare’s sites and services
- Strong administrative and computer skills
As HammondCare is a NSW Health affiliated organisation, all NSW Health transferrable entitlements will be recognised by HammondCare, in accordance with the Public Health System.
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
All short listed applicants for this role will be asked to consent to a criminal record check, immunisation staff screening & vaccination compliance checks.
Closing Date: 14 August 2022
Thank you. Please wait for a moment as we direct you to the Apply Portal for you to complete this job application.
Sign up for job alerts