Home Care Workers - Goulburn Overnight Respite Cottage
- Personal Care Work
- Permanent Part Time
- Closing on: Dec 17 2021
Our Home Care Workers support and look after our Guests during their longer stays or short overnight visits, providing a relaxing environment for older people to take a break from their homes.
- Career progression with opportunities to progress through to management level
- Guaranteed pay - (maximise your take-home pay with NFP salary packaging)
- Work-life Balance around your commitments - up to 20 hours per week negotiable
Hourly Rates: - $24.35 -$25.73 P/H + penalties
Respite Cottage Care Worker - what's involved in the role?
Hammond Care’s Respite cottages provide guests with individualised support from our professional staff and are ideal for stays of up to 10 nights. Our guests love that these are not located in residential aged care homes.
- This Care Worker role will deliver care within our Candlebark Respite Cottage in Goulburn.
- Our Care Workers support and look after our Guests during their longer stays or short overnight visits, providing a relaxing environment for older people to take a break from their home environment
- Carers provide care for our Guests in our cottages, this includes personal care (assisting with personal grooming), medication supervision, specialised care according to each client’s care plan as well as a social support
- Each guest can enjoy all the benefits of residential care, including specialised clinical care, support with daily tasks, a wide range of social activities, plus delicious meals prepared fresh daily
Benefits - What’s in it for you?
- Maximise your take-home pay with NFP salary packaging
- Retention bonuses at 6 and 12 months of continuous service
- HammondCare offers its staff excellent training and career development opportunities
- Full training is provided with local offices, local managers, and a 24/7 support line
- First Aid Training and Certification provided
- Paid Bonus Schemes like ‘Refer a Friend'
- Supportive arrangements during the pandemic, including COVID-19 Special Leave if required to isolate, additional paid screening time each shift and full supply of all PPE
- Competitive remuneration and conditions, including penalty rates, and a broken shift allowance
What do you need to apply?
- No formal qualification is necessary, however, Certificate III Individual Support is an advantage
- First Aid certificate desirable
- Empathy and compassion are a must
- We provide job training as long as you have the willingness and desire to learn
- Good administrative and computer skills, including the use of a smartphone
- A strong team player, who can communicate professionally changes in care, complete all documentation, whilst maintaining confidentiality.
- Good availability and flexibility around working hours
HammondCare specialises in Aged and Dementia Care, Palliative Care, Rehabilitation, Mental Health services for older people, and other related Health and Aged Care services.
HammondCare seeks to embed evidence-based best practices in its services and we provide these services through Home Care, Sub-Acute Hospitals and Residential Aged Care.
If you are ready to make a difference with HammondCare, Apply Now!
For any specific queries please contact: email@example.com
Close date: COB 17th December 2021
All short-listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check, references, and must be willing to obtain influenza and COVID-19 Vaccination.
Our Talent Acquisition Team kindly requests no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. HammondCare is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes
Thank you. Please wait for a moment as we direct you to the Apply Portal for you to complete this job application.
Sign up for job alerts