- Prairiewood, NSW, Australia, 2176
- Health & Palliative Care
- Closing on: Aug 21 2022
- Casual role for an experienced cleaning - hospital assistant
- Located at Braeside Hospital, Prairiewood NSW
- HammondCare is a NSW Health affiliated organisation with continuity of entitlements
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity that exists to improve quality of life for people in need.
We specialise in aged and dementia care, palliative care, rehabilitation, mental health services for older people, and other related health and aged care services. HammondCare seeks to embed evidence based best practice in its services and we provide these services through home care, sub-acute hospitals and residential aged care.
Bringing these health, hospital and aged care services together, HammondCare has been able to develop innovative, flexible care models designed to serve people with complex health or aged care needs, regardless of their circumstances.
HammondCare works to provide its staff with support, career development opportunities, education, responsibility and recognition, work/life balance, and satisfying roles.
About the role
The role of Cleaner works within the Mission and Mission in Action of HammondCare to ensure that the hospital is kept clean and tidy for the safety of patients, visitors and staff.
The essence of this role is to:
- Provide an efficient and effective delivery of cleaning services in all areas of the hospital to provide a clean environment and to minimise health care associated infections
- Facilitate patient centred care by ensuring high standards of cleanliness and safety are delivered.
Qualifications | Work Experience | Skills and Competencies
- Commitment to engage and align with HammondCare’s Christian Mission, Motivation and Mission in Action
- Experience as a cleaner in a health or Aged Care environment (desirable)
- Able to effectively follow directions and complete tasks
- Able to communicate in English, both written and verbal. For example - able to read labels on chemical containers. Able to write simple daily report on activities completed or Riskman entries, able to be speak with and be understood when speaking to colleagues and patients
- Capable of working autonomously, and liaising with staff, volunteers, patients and visitors to get the job done
- Multicultural sensitivity and/or experience working in a multicultural setting (desirable)
HammondCare offers its staff competitive salaries, excellent training & development opportunities, a supportive environment and a fabulous benefits program. For more info check out our website:
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
To express your interest please click the “Apply Now” button, please ensure you include an updated resume and cover note explaining your suitability.
For any specific queries not answered, please contact our recruitment team at email@example.com
Closing Date: 21st August 2022
All short-listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to staff screening, immunisation & criminal record checks.
Thank you. Please wait for a moment as we direct you to the Apply Portal for you to complete this job application.
Sign up for job alerts