Manager, Health, Safety & Wellbeing & Employee Relations
- St Leonards, NSW, Australia, 2065
- Human Resources
- Permanent Full Time
- Closing on: Jul 22 2022
Reporting into the Head of Employee Relations, as the Manager, Health, Safety & Wellbeing and Employee Relations you will be responsible for leading the transformative strategic direction of this function by designing, developing, and implementing initiatives and interventions to enable wellbeing for all HammondCare staff.
This role offers you the opportunity to lead discussions across the HammondCare business around what truly makes HammondCare a leader in this space, backed by research and a commitment to develop creative solutions that ensure a safe workplace culture for all HammondCare employees. You are passionate about health, safety and wellbeing, and have a keen understanding of the legislative frameworks underpinning this space. Your key objectives will include:
- Set the strategy for wellbeing, health and safety across all HammondCare portfolios, leveraging and making clear linkages with HammondCare’s EVP
- Design and deliver initiatives that raise the profile of, and provide quality education in, wellbeing and health and safety management
- Monitor Work Cover and other relevant data to identify key themes/trends, patterns of risk exposure and behaviours across the business
- Review and make recommendations on HammondCare’s WHS systems, policies and processes, ensuring they are in keeping with the Motivation, Mission and Mission in Action, while meeting relevant legislation and the current and identified future needs of the business
- Partner with Pastoral Wellbeing Coordinators to ensure a consistent, coordinated approach to wellbeing
- Provide critical support to the Head of Employee Relations as required across all ER matters
To be successful in this role, you need to be confident in your ability to build key relationships with stakeholders in the business and influence change. You will also need to be able to demonstrate previous experience in a similar role, as well as:
- Be a strategic thinker, comfortable working at a conceptual level as well as in the detail
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work independently, but also thrive in a team environment
- Tertiary qualification in Employee Relations or related Degree
- Have a problem solving, solutions approach to your work
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of work Health and Safety legislation and regulatory obligations at a state and federal level
HammondCare has a relationship-based approach to care, and our team members take the time to fully understand the individual needs of every person we care for. We are collectively driven to improve the lives of those in need and to care for those that others can’t or won’t.
We care about your wellbeing at HammondCare and as a result offer a wide range of health and lifestyle benefits including:
- Fitness Passports: full facility access can include gyms, group classes and pools for yourself and your family
- Discounts across a range of household names such as JB HI- FI
- Option to purchase up to 2 weeks additional annual leave
- Paid Parental Leave
- Reward and Recognition Program
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Learning and development opportunities
- Salary Packaging
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity that specialises in Aged and Dementia Care, Palliative Care, Rehabilitation, Mental Health services for older people, and other related Health and Aged Care services. HammondCare seeks to embed evidence-based best practices in its services, and we provide these services through Home Care, Sub-Acute Hospitals and Residential Aged Care
If you are ready to make a difference with HammondCare, Apply Now!
For any specific queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
All short-listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check, references, and must be willing to obtain a COVID-19 and influenza vaccination.
Our Talent Acquisition Team kindly requests no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. HammondCare is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes
Thank you. Please wait for a moment as we direct you to the Apply Portal for you to complete this job application.
Sign up for job alerts