Mental Health & Homeless Advisor
- Permanent Full Time
- Closing at: Feb 11 2022 at 23:55 AEDT
Are you passionate about improving the quality of life for people who are living with a Mental Health diagnosis as well as being either homeless or at risk of homelessness? At HammondCare you can be part of the solution.
About the role:
The role is a permanent opportunity, which involves providing knowledge, skill and advice on matters relating to excellent mental health care for residents of our Darlinghurst facility. 98% of the residents in our Darlinghurst residential care home have a Mental Health diagnosis.
As a Mental Health Advisor, you will:
- Support staff at all levels to learn & develop and to implement best practice in relation to mental health and homelessness care and support.
- Provide knowledge, skill and advice on matters relating to excellent mental health care – both clinical and non-clinical matters.
- Assessing clients with changed behaviours and providing resources and ideas for effective care and support.
- Engage in projects and contribute to ongoing knowledge generation and communication in relation to best practice mental health, homelessness and dementia care.
The main requirement for the role is prior experience supporting people living with a mental health diagnosis and a history or homelessness. We would consider all applicants who have that experience combined a qualification in a relevant field.
- Expertise in supporting people living with a mental health diagnosis.
- Experience in Australian residential care setting.
- High level of communication and relationship building skills
- Problem solving and decision-making skills relevant to the aged and dementia care context
- Willingness to travel on occasions when needed, in line with demands.
- Empathy and patience.
- Based centrally out of our state of the art Darlinghurst Residential Care Home with some light travel to other facilities when required.
- Competitive salaries
- Accredited specific training & career development opportunities
- Corporate Benefits – Reduced Healthcare memberships, reduced gym memberships etc. Too many to list, but available on our website.
Imagine working for us
Visualise working for an organisation whose sole focus is to improve quality of life for people in need and wake up knowing that you are going to make a difference today? Look no further!
HammondCare are the leaders in aged and dementia care, we seek to improve the quality of life for people in need through palliative care, rehabilitation and mental health services for older people.
For more info check out our website: www.hammond.com.au/careers
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
Click on the 'Apply Now' button and complete the application form, attaching your resume, cover letter and availability form.
All short-listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check.
Thank you. Please wait for a moment as we direct you to the Apply Portal for you to complete this job application.
Sign up for job alerts