Pastoral Care Coordinator - Neringah
- Sydney, NSW, Australia
- Wahroonga, NSW, Australia, 2076
- Pastoral Care Services
- Permanent Part Time
- Closing on: May 26 2022
- Permanent Part Time – Minimum 22.8 hours per week
- Competitive Remuneration Package
- Christian values-based organisation with career growth opportunities
About HammondCare Neringah
Neringah is a 19 bed hospital providing an integrated inpatient service and a comprehensive community Palliative care service to residents in the surrounding Hornsby and Ku-ring-gai areas. Our Palliative Care Team include Palliative medicine specialists, Nurses, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Social Workers, Activities Officer, Speech Pathologists, Dieticians, Pastoral Care Workers and Volunteers.
About the role
Reporting to the Senior Manager Pastoral Care Health you’ll:
- Act as a role model for staff and as an advocate for the organisation’s Mission in Action
- Share your Pastoral expertise and coach staff and Volunteers to support the spiritual needs of patients and clients
- Have significant personal awareness of the impact of working with people experiencing a life limiting illness and the bereaved
All new staff will complete an onsite orientation with a Workplace Trainer, have buddy shifts and be supported by experienced Registered Nurses and Managers on site.
Skills and experience
- An Ordained Minister, credentialed Pastoral qualification or recognised theological and pastoral qualifications
- Prior experience working in a Palliative Care setting highly desirable.
- Strong personal and active Christian faith and church involvement is essential
- A valid Australian Class C Driver’s License, a safe driving record, and your own reliable, registered and comprehensively insured vehicle with willingness to travel between HammondCare sites and services.
- Strong administrative and computer skills
- Highly developed communication skills including compassion and empathy
- Health and Wellbeing - including Flu Vaccinations and Employee Assistance Program
- Recognition Training and Development - including accredited learning through Hammond College
- Financial - including salary packaging options and discounts on everyday products
HammondCare is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity and inclusion. We strive on creating an equal employment environment where everyone from any background can be themselves.
Click on "Apply Now" to start the process. Please attach your resume and a cover letter with your application.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
All short-listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check, pre-employment medical assessment, must provide evidence of a current vaccination for the influenza virus and complete an NDIS Worker’s Screening check.
Our Talent Acquisition team and Hiring Managers kindly request no unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies. HammondCare isn’t responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Thank you. Please wait for a moment as we direct you to the Apply Portal for you to complete this job application.
Sign up for job alerts