- Greenwich, NSW, Australia, 2065
- Health & Palliative Care
- Medical Professional
- Permanent Part Time
- Closing on: May 31 2022
- Located at Greenwich Hospital, Greenwich NSW and Neringah Hospital Wahroonga
- Permanent, part-time role 28 hours per week
- HammondCare is a NSW Heath affiliated organisation with continuity of entitlements
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity that exists to improve quality of life for people in need.
We specialise in aged and dementia care, palliative care, rehabilitation, mental health services for older people, and other related health and aged care services. HammondCare seeks to embed evidence based best practice in its services and we provide these services through home care, sub-acute hospitals and residential aged care.
Bringing these health, hospital and aged care services together, HammondCare has been able to develop innovative, flexible care models designed to serve people with complex health or aged care needs, regardless of their circumstances.
HammondCare works to provide its staff with support, career development opportunities, education, responsibility and recognition, work/life balance, and satisfying roles.
About the role
Primarily based at Greenwich Hospital in Greenwich on Sydney’s lower North Shore, we are looking for a Pharmacy Technician to join our small team. You need to be personable, capable, independent and caring. We are offering 28 hours per week at the State Award pay rate commensurate with your qualifications.
The role of Pharmacy Technician works within the Mission and Mission in Action of HammondCare to provide technical support to the Pharmacy Department in ordering, dispensing, production and distribution activities.
The essence of this role:
- Assist the registered pharmacist(s) in the distribution and dispensing under supervision, of pharmaceuticals for the inpatients and outpatients of HammondCare Hospitals
- Responsible for maintaining the relationship between Pharmacy and the wholesalers
- Inventory Management
- Purchasing of medication and non medicated pharmacy items.
Qualifications | Skills and Capabilities
- Excellent communication skills and customer service skills
- Proven record in completing detailed tasks with accuracy
- Previous Hospital Pharmacy experience desirable
- Previous experience in using pharmacy software for stock control, pricing and dispensing desirable
- Ability to work effectively within a team of health professionals.
- Attention to details and analytical thinking
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to manage resources cost effectively
- Commitment to engage and align with HammondCare’s Christian Mission, Motivation and Mission in Action
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to perform basic arithmetical calculations
- Strong administrative skills
- Multicultural sensitivity and/or experience working in a multicultural setting
- A current drivers licence and safe driving record. Willingness to travel between HammondCare’s sites and services
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Empathy and patience
As HammondCare is a NSW Health affiliated organisation, all NSW Health transferrable entitlements will be recognised by HammondCare, in accordance with the Public Health System.
For any specific queries not answered by the information pack, please contact Kate Thomas (Chief Pharmacist) at email@example.com
All short listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check, immunisation staff screening & vaccination compliance checks.
Thank you. Please wait for a moment as we direct you to the Apply Portal for you to complete this job application.
Sign up for job alerts