Physiotherapy Assistant - Casual (Weekends Only)
- Greenwich, NSW, Australia, 2065
- Health & Palliative Care
- Allied Health
- Closing on: Jan 31 2022
- Casual weekend opportunity (permanent part-time would be considered for the right candidate)
- Final year physiotherapy students encouraged to apply
- Based at Greenwich Hospital
- Predominantly inInpatient Rehabilitation
- Working within a friendly and supportive team
HammondCare is a NSW Health Affiliated Health Organisation (AFO) that recognises all NSW Health transferrable entitlements.
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity specialising in palliative care, rehabilitation, older persons' mental health, dementia and aged care. Our passion is improving quality of life for people in need. Through our network of sub-acute services HammondCare provides rehabilitation, palliative and supportive care, pain management, mental health care for older people, community care and other vital support services.
With compassion and expertise our multi-disciplinary team of healthcare professionals tailor best-in-class specialised care to patients’ individual needs, supported by the latest research and best practice. Regarded nationally and internationally as one of Australia’s most innovative health and aged care providers, HammondCare offers hospital care, residential care and community services.
HammondCare’s sub-acute services are located within Sydney at the following locations:
- Braeside Hospital (South-West Sydney),
- Greenwich Hospital (Lower-North Shore),
- Neringah Hospital (Northern Suburbs), and
- Mona Vale Community Palliative Care services (Northern Beaches)
HammondCare has been able to develop innovative, flexible care models designed to serve people with complex health or aged care needs, regardless of their circumstances. HammondCare works to provide its staff with support, career development opportunities, education, responsibility and recognition, work/life balance, and satisfying roles.
More about the role
The role of the Allied Health Assistant is to work within the Mission and Mission in Action of HammondCare to ensure a high standard of service is provided to patients of the Hospital, along with appropriate support and advice to their carers. The Allied Health Assistant will participate as a member of the multi-disciplinary team to ensure a patient centred, evidence based, continuous quality improvement work environment that is consistent with the values and ethics of HammondCare.
The essence of this role:
- Assist as directed in the provision of effective and efficient therapy service to clients and appropriate support and advice to their carers
- Participate as a member of the HammondCare team in the application of the organisation’s Mission and values to the pursuit of its objectives in a client centred, continuous quality improvement work environment
- Commitment to engage and align with HammondCare’s Christian Mission, Motivation and Mission in Action
- Experience working in the health/ or aged care sector or nearing the completion of a qualification in that area
- Computer skills
- Demonstrated effective communication (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated organisation and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Empathy and patience
- Certificate III/ IV in Allied Health Assistance or working towards a similar qualification in the health/aged care sector
- Customer relations experience
- An understanding of Work Health and Safety policies and procedures and manual handling principles
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
For an information pack, including the selection criteria, and details on how to apply, please click on link below or see our website: www.hammond.com.au/careers
For any specific queries not answered by the information pack, please contact Simon Catliffe on 0466295512 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 31st Jan 2022
All short listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check.
Thank you. Please wait for a moment as we direct you to the Apply Portal for you to complete this job application.
Sign up for job alerts