Post-Doctoral Research Fellow – HammondCare Centre for Positive Ageing
- Allied Health
- Medical Professional
- Maximum Term Part Time
- Closing on: Jul 15 2022
- Part-time opportunity (up to 0.8 FTE) on a three-year contract
- Make a difference as part of a friendly and professional team
- Rehabilitation and aged care focus
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity that exists to improve quality of life for people in need.
We specialise in aged and dementia care, palliative care, rehabilitation, mental health services for older people, and other related health and aged care services. HammondCare seeks to embed evidence-based best practice in its services and we provide these services through care in the community, sub-acute hospitals and residential aged care.
Bringing these health, hospital and aged care services together, HammondCare has been able to develop innovative, flexible care models designed to serve people with complex health or aged care needs, regardless of their circumstances.
HammondCare works to provide its staff with support, career development opportunities, education, responsibility and recognition, work/life balance, and satisfying roles.
More about the role
The Research Fellow works within the Mission and Mission in Action of HammondCare to support the research work of the HammondCare Centre for Positive Ageing.
Essence of the role:
- To provide high level input into the conduct of research supported by the Centre for Positive Ageing, including project management
- The preparation of high-quality outputs for a range of internal and external stakeholders, including but not limited to literature reviews, academic publications, conference presentations, grant and ethics submissions, internal and external reports, and industry articles
- To assist in the collection of information and data, including clinical data, surveys and interviews, that inform research objectives of HammondCare and its research interests
- To assist in providing appropriate quantitative and/or qualitative analyses of a range of data using statistical software packages (e.g., NVivo, SPSS)
- To work collaboratively with an experienced research team
- Ensure completion of data collection, analysis and outputs are delivered in a timely manner
- Commitment to engage and align with HammondCare’s Christian Mission, Motivation and Mission in Action
- Have a passion for research which meets the needs of our ageing population
- Completed (or have submitted or are about to submit) a PhD in a relevant health or health services related field
- Track record of publication in peer-reviewed journals
- Skills in quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Knowledge and experience of systematic reviews and primary research
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sound understanding of ethical issues, and competence in writing ethics applications
- Able to prioritise workflow and meet deadlines when necessary
- Strong administrative and computer skills, including high level proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, including Microsoft Excel and functions of Excel including pivot tables and reference management software
- Experience in research project management an advantage
- Strong ability to communicate technical and/or health related information to a range of audiences (including academic, industry, and Government) both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates strong initiative and an ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Competence to collect, enter and manipulate a range of data including clinical/health related data, and survey and interview responses
- Competent to complete quantitative and/or qualitative analyses with relevant descriptive and inferential statistics with tools such as NVivo and SPSS
- A current drivers licence and safe driving record. Willingness to travel between HammondCare’s sites and services as needed.
- Rehabilitation, allied health or gerontological research experience
- Experience as a clinician in the areas of allied health, rehabilitation or gerontology
- Grant and ethics application experience.
HammondCare offers its staff competitive salaries, excellent training & development opportunities, a supportive environment and a fabulous benefits program.
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
All short listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to staff screening, a criminal record and immunisation checks.
Thank you. Please wait for a moment as we direct you to the Apply Portal for you to complete this job application.
Sign up for job alerts