- Permanent Part Time
- Closing on: Feb 4 2022
- Permanent position - 67 hours/fortnight
- Career progression, opportunities to progress though to management level
- Work with vulnerable people in a home-environment - empower them to live independently
HammondCare Darlinghurst is currently looking for a Part-Time Registered Nurse to join our team.
Our Darlinghurst home offers unparalleled residential care for older people who are experiencing homelessness, or at risk of homelessness with complex care needs.
- Every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday (1430 - 2115) & Sunday (night - 2100 - 0700)
- Every 2nd Saturday (night - 2100 - 0700)
With our unique model of care which places the residents needs as your number one priority, you will help create a home away from home for our residents. The care you will provide will be person-centred, and relationship focused, with the understanding that no person is the same.
About the role:
This role is a clinical support role. It is the expectation from HammondCare that this role is carried out within a consultative and advisory context rather than an authoritarian approach. The role has a level of professional accountability and responsibility in line with the registration requirements as a RN qualified and current registration with AHPRA.
As the RN you will be a core member of the residential team and work with both the management of the home and the carers to provide tailored and individualised responsive care for the residents.
- Advising and supporting the care delivery by the care staff
- Educating and mentoring in clinical areas and processes
- Consultative in case management and clinical decision making
- Clinical oversight and professional competence as a Registered Nurse
- Implement and support a resident comfort focus
To be successful in this role, you will:
- You genuinely enjoy engaging with older people and have a regard and respect for the older generation
- Experience in aged care, mental health, drug and alcohol, and/or working with high level behaviors would be highly desirable
- RN qualified and current registration with AHPRA with a least 2 years’ experience
- Strong admin and computer skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Empathy and patience
Due to operational requirements we are seeking applicants who have full working rights in Australia with no working restrictions e.g. working hours
What are the benefits of working with HammondCare?
- Flexible working environment to deliver a healthy work/life balance
- Be supported & empowered in your role to really make a difference to our residents
- Join a rapidly growing organisation that will support your Career development
- Career progression with opportunities to progress through to management level
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity that has been serving families in Australia since 1932. We are an organisation that is led by our values, our passion is improving the quality of care for people in need.
As one of Australia’s most innovative health & aged care providers, we champion life for every person in our care.
Does this sound like you? Apply Now!
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
HammondCare is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity and inclusion. We strive on creating an equal employment environment where everyone from any background can be themselves.
All short-listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check, must provide evidence of a 2021 vaccination for the influenza virus and Covid 19 and complete an NDIS Worker’s Screening check.
Our Talent Acquisition team & Hiring Managers kindly request no unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies. HammondCare isn’t responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Thank you. Please wait for a moment as we direct you to the Apply Portal for you to complete this job application.
Sign up for job alerts