- Work for a leading NFP in Dementia care
- Casual opportunities with a view to permanency - flexible rosters – GREAT work/life balance!
- Work across our Horsley site where we will be opening 2 brand new cottages in Jan 2022
HammondCare Horsley is currently looking for a Casual Registered Nurse to join our team.
Its an exciting time for the Horsley home as 2 new cottages are opening early next year and we want you to be a part of it!
Our Horsley home provides low & high care for residents with dementia across cottage style homes. Our care is person-centred, and relationship focused, with the understanding that no person is the same.
With our unique model of care which places the residents needs as your number one priority, you will help create a home away from home for our residents.
About the role:
This role is a clinical support role. It is the expectation from HammondCare that this role is carried out within a consultative and advisory context rather than an authoritarian approach. The role has a level of professional accountability and responsibility in line with the registration requirements as a RN qualified and current registration with AHPRA.
As the RN you will be a core member of the residential team and work with both the management of the home and the carers to provide tailored and individualised responsive care for the residents.
- Advising and supporting the care delivery by the care staff
- Educating and mentoring in clinical areas and processes
- Consultative in case management and clinical decision making
- Clinical oversight and professional competence as a Registered Nurse
- Implement and support a resident comfort focus
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have current AHPRA registration with ideally 2-3 years’ experience in an Aged Care setting
- Have a genuine passion for serving elderly people & you want to make a difference in their lives
- Have knowledge & experience of people living with Dementia & their needs
- Be flexible and able to commit to a range of shifts
- Value teamwork but also be able to work independently and show initiative
- Strong admin and computer skills
What are the benefits of working with HammondCare?
- Flexible working environment to deliver a healthy work/life balance
- Be supported & empowered in your role to really make a difference to our residents
- Join a rapidly growing organisation that will support your Career development
- Career progression with opportunities to progress through to management level
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity that has been serving families in Australia since 1932. We are an organisation that is led by our values, our passion is improving the quality of care for people in need.
As one of Australia’s most innovative health & aged care providers, we champion life for every person in our care.
Does this sound like you? Apply Now!
For more information please contact email@example.com
HammondCare is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity and inclusion. We strive on creating an equal employment environment where everyone from any background can be themselves.
All short-listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check, must provide evidence of a 2021 vaccination for the influenza virus and Covid 19 and complete an NDIS Worker’s Screening check.
Our Talent Acquisition team & Hiring Managers kindly request no unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies. HammondCare isn’t responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Thank you. Please wait for a moment as we direct you to the Apply Portal for you to complete this job application.
Sign up for job alerts