Registered Nurse - Neringah Palliative Care
- Wahroonga, NSW, Australia, 2076
- Health & Palliative Care
- Palliative Care
- Permanent Part Time
- Closing on: Jul 10 2022
- Multiple permanent, part-time & casual roles available
- Located at Neringah Hospital, Wahroonga
- HammondCare is a NSW Health affiliated organisation with continuity of entitlements
About the role
Based at Neringah Hospital, Wahroonga, the role of the Registered Nurse works within the Mission and Mission in Action of HammondCare to provide nursing care and advice to patients with palliative care needs.
We have multiple permanent part-time and casual opportunities available.
Key Focus Areas
- Provision of clinical care in relation to community clinical practice and in-patient
- Assess and fully understand each clients care needs, consulting with colleagues to develop care plans to improve quality of life
- Provide support to families and carers to enable them to support long term care goals/needs of the client
- Coordinate care, accessing and collaborating with other government and non-government agencies to ensure patients receive services relevant to their needs
- Works within scope of professional nursing practice
- Commitment to engage and align with HammondCares Christian Mission, Motivation and Mission in Action.
- Current registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- A passion to work in the specialty area of palliative care.
- At least four years general experience including one year in palliative care and holding or working towards certificate in palliative care
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work within the multidisciplinary team of the Service
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Experience in community and in-patient nursing (desirable).
- Oncology nursing experience (desirable).
- A current drivers licence and safe driving record. Willingness to travel between HammondCares sites and services.
- Strong administrative and computer skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Empathy and patience.
As HammondCare is a NSW Health affiliated organisation, all NSW Health transferrable entitlements will be recognised by HammondCare, in accordance with the Public Health System.
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
All short listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check, immunisation staff screening & vaccination compliance checks.
Closing Date: 26 June 2022
Thank you. Please wait for a moment as we direct you to the Apply Portal for you to complete this job application.
Sign up for job alerts