Registrar - Rehabilitation Medicine
- Prairiewood, NSW, Australia, 2176
- Health & Palliative Care
- Medical Professional
- Maximum Term Full Time
- Closing on: Oct 24 2021
- Full time opportunity until February 2022
- Located in Braeside Hospital, Prairiewood NSW
- Growing organisation with a supportive and dynamic team
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity that exists to improve quality of life for people in need.
We specialise in aged and dementia care, palliative care, rehabilitation, mental health services for older people, and other related health and aged care services. HammondCare seeks to embed evidence based best practice in its services and we provide these services through home care, sub-acute hospitals and residential aged care.
Bringing these health, hospital and aged care services together, HammondCare has been able to develop innovative, flexible care models designed to serve people with complex health or aged care needs, regardless of their circumstances.
HammondCare works to provide its staff with support, career development opportunities, education, responsibility and recognition, work/life balance, and satisfying roles.
Summary of Role
Braeside Hospital is seeking to appoint one Registrar in Rehabilitation Medicine from November 1, 2021 until February 6, 2022. This is an AFRM accredited registrar position.
The role will include:
- Clinical assessment and management of patients referred to the Rehabilitation medical outpatient clinics and Rehabilitation Therapy Unit at Braeside Hospital
- Clinical assessment and management of patients under the care of the outreach Geriatric Flying Squad service based at Fairfield Hospital
- Clinical assessment and management of patients referred to the Hammondville community clinic and short term restorative care service
- Liaise with other members of the multi-disciplinary team in providing patient care
- Participation in relevant Quality and Safety activities
- Participation in regular teaching sessions
- Provide out-of-hours coverage to medical on-call roster at Braeside Hospital
- Maintain an appropriate standard of personal professionalism at all times and in all activities
- Commitment to engage and align with HammondCare’s Christian Mission, Motivation and Mission in Action
- Medical Registration with Medical Board of Australia
- Primary Medical degree and successful completion of PGY1 and 2;
- Registered trainee of the Australasian Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine (AFRM)
- Competence in the individual specialty area consistent with the level of training and professional development attained by the individual occupying the position
- Strong administrative and computer skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Effective communication skills with team and patients/families
- Commitment to ongoing medical education
- Evidence of COVID vaccination
Additional Information to be provided with Application (information treated in the strictest confidence)
As HammondCare is a NSW Health affiliated organisation, all NSW Health transferrable entitlements will be recognised by HammondCare, in accordance with Public health System.
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
If you wish to be considered for this opportunity, click on the "Apply Now" button. Please ensure you include an updated resume and a cover note addressing the above selection Criteria.
For further information, please contact Caitlin Anderson (Senior Staff Specialist) on email@example.com.
Closing Date: 24th October 2021
All short listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check, immunisation staff screening & vaccination compliance checks.
Thank you. Please wait for a moment as we direct you to the Apply Portal for you to complete this job application.
Sign up for job alerts