Registrar - Rehabilitation
- Hammondville, NSW, Australia, 2170
- Prairiewood, NSW, Australia, 2176
- Health & Palliative Care
- Medical Professional
- Maximum Term Full Time
- Closing on: May 29 2022
- Fixed-term position full time opportunity from June 2022-February 2023
- Located at Braeside/Fairfield Hospitals and Hammondville, NSW
- Join a friendly and professional team
- HammondCare is a NSW Health affiliated organisation with continuity of NSW Health entitlements
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity that exists to improve quality of life for people in need.
We specialise in aged and dementia care, palliative care, rehabilitation, mental health services for older people, and other related health and aged care services. HammondCare seeks to embed evidence based best practice in its services and we provide these services through home care, sub-acute hospitals and residential aged care.
Bringing these health, hospital and aged care services together, HammondCare has been able to develop innovative, flexible care models designed to serve people with complex health or aged care needs, regardless of their circumstances.
HammondCare works to provide its staff with support, career development opportunities, education, responsibility and recognition, work/life balance, and satisfying roles.
Summary of the Role:
Braeside Hospital is seeking to appoint one full time Registrar in Rehabilitation Medicine in a temporary role until February 5, 2023. Start date is flexible and can be negotiated depending on availability of successful candidate. This is an AFRM accredited registrar position. The role will initially be a community-based position, including outpatient clinics, geriatric outreach service and restorative care. From August 8th 2022 until February 5th 2023 (Term 2 2022), you would transition to ward based role covering inpatient rehabilitation and older persons mental health caseload. The varied case load provides excellent training and learning opportunities for interested candidates.
The role will include:
- Clinical assessment and management of patients referred to the Rehabilitation medical outpatient clinics and Rehabilitation Therapy Unit at Braeside Hospital, Geriatric Outreach Flying Squad based at Fairfield Hospital and patients referred to the Hammondville community clinic and short term restorative care service (until August 7 2022)
- Clinical assessment and management of Braeside Hospital inpatients of the rehabilitation and older Persons Mental Health Services, under the supervision of relevant medical specialists (from August 8, 2022)
- Liaise with other members of the multi-disciplinary team in providing patient care
- Participation in relevant Quality and Safety activities
- Participation in regular teaching sessions
- Provide out-of-hours coverage to medical on-call roster at Braeside Hospital
- Maintain an appropriate standard of personal professionalism at all times and in all activities
Please briefly address each criterion individually in a cover letter – bullet points or short paragraphs are OK
- Commitment to engage and align with HammondCare’s Christian Mission, Motivation and Mission in Action
- Medical Registration with Medical Board of Australia
- Primary Medical degree and successful completion of PGY1 and 2;
- Registered trainee of the Australasian Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine (AFRM) * enquiries welcome from registered medical Practitioners considering a career in rehabilitation medicine
- Competence in the individual specialty area consistent with the level of training and professional development
- Strong administrative and computer skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Effective communication skills with team and patients/families
- Commitment to ongoing medical education
- Evidence of COVID vaccination
As HammondCare is a NSW Health affiliated organisation, all NSW Health transferrable entitlements will be recognised by HammondCare, in accordance with Public health System.
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
For an information pack, including the selection criteria, and details on how to apply, please click on link below or see our website: www.hammond.com.au/careers
For any specific queries not answered by the information pack, please contact Caitlin Anderson, Director of Rehabilitation on email@example.com
Closing date: 29th May 2022
All short listed applicants for this role will be asked to consent to a criminal record check and vaccination clearance.
Thank you. Please wait for a moment as we direct you to the Apply Portal for you to complete this job application.
Sign up for job alerts