Senior Social Worker - Level 3 (Palliative Care)
- Greenwich, NSW, Australia, 2065
- Health & Palliative Care
- Allied Health
- Palliative Care
- Permanent Part Time
- Closing on: Oct 31 2021
- Part time initially 21 hours pw. Must be able to work on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays. Possible increase to 28 hours in February 2022
- Based at Greenwich hospital, with capacity to travel across the Northern Sydney region
- Provide high quality, comprehensive social work service to our clients in palliative care and other specialty areas, including professional social work supervision to team members
- HammondCare is a NSW Health affiliated organisation with continuity of NSW Health entitlements
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity specialising in palliative care, rehabilitation, older persons' mental health, dementia and aged care. Our passion is improving quality of life for people in need. HammondCare’s sub-acute health services are located at Greenwich, Wahroonga, Mona Vale and Prairiewood. HammondCare works to provide its staff with support, education, responsibility and recognition, work / life balance, and satisfying roles.
About the role
The role of a Senior Social Worker Level 3 is to work within the Mission in Action of HammondCare to ensure a high standard of Social Work service is provided to our clients in all areas of specialty, working within a multi-disciplinary team context. This position is located within the inpatient Palliative Care Unit at Greenwich Hospital, but will provide support to our social work staff at other sites across the Northern Sydney region. The role includes working in collaboration with the Manager of Social Work Services (North), to continuously develop a high quality, evidence based social work service and skilled social work practitioners across the region, who convey the organisation’s Mission and Values and operate consistently within the ethics and values of the AASW.
The essence of this role:
- To provide comprehensive, effective and efficient social work services to our clients, their carers and family members, including appropriate support, counselling, information, planning and advocacy
- To provide a holistic perspective, facilitating the palliative care clients and their carers / significant others to adapt, manage and plan through the course of a terminal diagnosis
- To participate as a member of the multi-disciplinary team in assessing the client’s needs and collaborating with the clients / their carers to meet those needs, including complex discharge and end of life planning
- To maintain strong links with the social workers in the Community Palliative Care teams to facilitate the seamless transfer of clients between inpatient and community services
- To provide support, development and leadership to the social work team across the northern region and continually improve the services in collaboration with the Manager of Social Work Services (North)
Please address the individual criteria under headings, in your application.
- A recognised tertiary qualification in Social Work and eligibility for membership to AASW
- Commitment to engage and align with HammondCare’s Mission in Action
- Minimum 5 years experience, knowledge and clinical skills in providing Social Work services in a health related service, preferably in a palliative care context
- Demonstrated skills and experience in counselling and adjustment
- Understanding of and experience providing professional Social Work supervision
- Demonstrated flexible leadership and influencing skills
- Effective interpersonal (written and verbal) and networking skills
- Demonstrated skills in time management, organisation and computer skills
- Experience in developing and implementing complex Quality Improvement projects
- Willingness to travel and work between HammondCare’s sites and services as needed
- Must be able to work on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays to meet service requirements.
- Experience in the use of NSW Health Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Experience working with multi-cultural communities
- Experience across inpatient hospital and outpatient / community settings
As HammondCare is a NSW Health affiliated organisation, all NSW Health transferrable entitlements will be recognised by HammondCare, in accordance with the Public Health System.
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
All applications must address the individual selection criteria.
For any specific queries not answered by the information pack, please contact Lynn Shaw (Manager Social Work Services) on 0418 988 374 or 9903 8325 (Monday – Thursday).
All short listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check, immunisation staff screening & vaccination compliance checks.
Thank you. Please wait for a moment as we direct you to the Apply Portal for you to complete this job application.
Sign up for job alerts