Volunteer Coordinator Community Palliative Care
- Palliative Care
- Permanent Part Time
- Closing on: Dec 18 2021
Reporting to the Volunteer Manager in Health, you’ll work within the Mission in Action of HammondCare and have responsibility of Volunteers for the Community Palliative Care Service across two of our Hospitals, located at Greenwich and Neringah Hospital in Wahroonga.
- Work with the multidisciplinary staff team to build a Volunteer service that compliments the needs of Palliative Care community service
- Attract, recruit and onboard volunteers, matching their interests with suitable opportunities
- Manage and mentor volunteers, supporting them with both online and onsite face-to-face training as well as coordaining social volunteer events
- Maintain accurate records in our volunteer database (Salesforce) and follow established processes and guidelines for Volunteer Services.
- Key projects include the HammondCare Volunteer Biography Writing Program and Dreams Project.
This is a permanent part time position 22.8 hours per week, and we are willing to discuss the opportunity to work three full days or flex over four days.
- Financial - including salary packaging options and discounts on everyday products
- Health and Wellbeing - including Employee Assistance Program
- Social and Community Activities – City to Surf Fun Run
- Reward and Recognition Program
- eLearning and career development opportunities
Skills and experience
- Experience in managing teams of people, including previous experience in recruiting, and managing people, preferably volunteers
- Demonstrate ability to lead and guide volunteer teams
- Palliative Care experience is desirable but not essential
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, able to work with people at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Suite (Word, Excel, Teams and Outlook), accuracy in database management
- Experience in developing and successfully delivering workplace training programs is desirable
- Passion for working in a Health Care setting
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity that has been serving families in Australia since 1932. We are an organisation that is led by our values, our passion is improving the quality of care for people in need. As one of Australia’s most innovative health and aged care providers, we champion life for every person in our care.
HammondCare is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity and inclusion. We strive on creating an equal employment environment where everyone from any background can be themselves.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
All short-listed applicants will be asked to consent to a criminal record check and provide evidence of a current 2021 influenza vaccination.
Our Talent Acquisition team and Hiring Managers kindly request no unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies. HammondCare isn’t responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes
Thank you. Please wait for a moment as we direct you to the Apply Portal for you to complete this job application.
Sign up for job alerts